We get a lot of basic questions about CockroachDB. And while it is pretty complex under the covers, it presents a pretty simple approach to deploying a modern database.
Some of the most common things we get asked are:
- Why did you choose the name cockroach (our favorite)?
- How compatible are you with PostgreSQL and MySQL?
- How can I get started with the database?
- Do you have any sample apps?
- What about hello world?
- Do you work with my programming language?
- How do you shard the data?
In this episode of the Cockroach Hour, we will cover a bit of CockroachDB 101 addressing some of these frequently asked questions. Then we will open it up to you, the audience to ask us whatever you like.