Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
Read the Guide
Architect your apps for scale, uptime, and the unexpected
In this practical guide written by a distributed systems expert, learn how to build apps that scale to handle unpredictable traffic with zero downtime for customers. In this book excerpt you will learn:
- How scaling affects the availability of your services
- Principles of service-based application architecture and their role in reducing service failures and brownouts
- Common design patterns for managing
- How to understand, measure, and mitigate risk in your systems
- When and how to move to cloud infrastructure
About the Ebook
The second edition of Architecting for Scale provides a pragmatic approach for building systems that can handle huge amounts of traffic, data, and demand. It includes a focus on modern architecture paradigms including microservices, service-based applications, and practical guidance for evaluating and moving towards cloud-based infrastructure.